Thursday, July 24, 2008

jury duty

Became a US citizen, I was summoned for jury service today.Certainly not fun, I have to put down my work and go to the craziest place in Los Angeles - downtown, absolutely no good feeling about it, and thus, my company only give me 3 days paid leave for jury duty, I already have something decided in my mind.

Lunch time, there is no food court in the court house, instead I have to talk 10 mins to reach the closest food court near court house. Therefore I walk of the court house, I saw a group of african american standing outside the entrance, they were contesting something. I was hungry so I just walk pass through them and tried to ignore them, then one of them yelled at me.

AA: hey! kid...
tc: (Kid???)
AA: it's fxxked up man, it's just fxxk up...
tc: (you think i'm a kid and you talked to me like this?)
AA: (shout) NO CRIMINAL, NO JUSTICE...
tc(walk even faster): (wtf are you talking about)...

back from lunch, used side door to keep away from being flirted. A small nap in the hallway to avoid myself falling asleep in the court. At the end, the judge didn't pick me and i thought i was free to go. I must sit in another jury room to wait until they call for the day, suck...

on the way home, i was lost in downtown by making a wrong turn, as usual and expected.

No comments: