Friday, January 6, 2006

Here i am, san diego...drove 2 hrs exact to get to the hotel, it's holiday inn. surprise that they have free wireless access to the internet and i don't have to drive 4 miles to reach the closest mcdonald to go online....

didn't really sleep at night in the hotel, only rolling back and forth for 5 hrs, maybe because i'm too excited and nervous about the interview. woke up at 6am and took a shower, then go down to the lobby to have my free breakfast, seriously think that i will be smarter for having a nice big breakfast. Looked around during breakfast, no gals at all, not even a women, where did they go...

after breakfast, i went back to hotel room and read thru my resume, try to recap all the answer to the possible questions and interviewing skills from the book, eventually fell asleep, woke up at 8am, so i went to change and try to make myself look smart. arrive at the site 15 mins earlier...but i'm still the latest one arrived...=.=...Started up with company intro, benefits, benefits are too tempting and too fancy for me and out of my imagination, so nice for an entry-level job. follow by two 45 mins interviews non-stop, i could not believe i could survive, tried to talk and ask as much as possible, performed better compare to other interviews already, but still I feel less competitive than other candidates. Not much special after that, talked to security about clearence, seems like that may take quite long for me to get the clearence, this is not a good sign as I can't involve in most of the projects before getting the clearence. in this case I can't learn a lot by completing small projects...but then...I would think i will love this work so much...i seriously hope i can get that job offered...finished the interview process after and feel so released, happy that they will cover my expenses in this trip so i decided to spend some money in SD, went back to hotel and pack up everything, LET'S FEEL THE SAN DIEGO SUNSHINE...

Called Ian on the way and a gal picked up the phone speaking mandarin, she gave me another number to reach Ian, who is she btw...no one pick up the phone. I wondered if he's still in SD...Since I don't know where to go, so just keep going west for beach...went a couple beach-like areas and took some pictures...

A squirrel can steal food from a closed lunch box but unable to open a zipper bag...

just a proof that I was actually there...

Finally, I mistakely exited the freeway and arrived at a real beach...i think it's called pacific beach...

And then i realized I had been there N years ago when I went to buy drink at 7-11...
At the end I feel really on9 by walking ALONE and take photo on the beach...when seeing most of the people are in groups or in pair...so i decided to go back to LA as quickly as I can...Spent 4.5 hrs to drive back to LA, that is the sickest driving experience i had never had before...had to stop at south coast plaza for rest...arrived home around 9 and feel exhausted, no food since breakfast...stay up until 12 to discuss our ski trip on tmr...see if i got enough energy to do some S...

No comments: